There are many things that reading can do for you to benefit you! Here are a few!
1. Reading can bring you peace and tranquility. If you're reading about something 'peaceful', your blood pressure lowers and makes you happier calmer. This can help you sleep as well.
2. Reading brings knowledge to you, whether it's fiction or non-fiction, you learn something every time you read. This is kind of a 'given' point but here's a little food for thought that I heard in LifeHack.org's 10 Benefits of Reading article: "Should you ever find yourself in dire circumstances, remember that although you might lose everything else- your job, your possessions, your money, even your health- knowledge can never be taken from you.
3. Reading can reduce stress levels. Immersing yourself into a great book and just letting it take you away to another dimension can ease all your troubles, despite what they might be.
4. Reading can improve your ability to remember things. When you're reading, you must remember events, themes, characters, scenes and many other things. The more you read, the more you start to notice these important things more often and it will also reflect in your life and not just your reading.
5. Reading can help your writing ability. When you read more often, you become familiar with different writing styles and that reflects itself in your writing as well.
Theses are some of the reasons why reading can help improve your life! If you would like to read more, here's a link to 10 Benefits of Reading: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-benefits-reading-why-you-should-read-everyday.html
Picture Citation: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/37788084343754848/